Some problems about the slink installation.

Dear All,

I'm new to this stuff and installed Debian slink recently, however, I
have some problems:

    1. Is there any filter for the HP LaserJet 5L printer. I can only
       print the text with ifhp filter.

    2. My xterm always quits after some idle time (30min ?), how can I
       disable this or change the timeout period.

    3. I didn't find the AWE32 drivers in the low-level sound driver
       options. Where can I add the AWE32 support. I'm now using sound
       card of SB AWE64 PnP, I can make the /dev/dsp and /dev/audio work.
       However, midi will not. Then I installed the driver for OPL2/OPL3
       FM synthesizer and FM synthesizer for (YAMAHA/OPL3), (also I
       selected midi interface support). However, it still doesn't work.
       Before I install OPL support, the playmidi will show a error msg
       of device not found. After installing OPL, playmidi gives no err
       but still I cannot hear a sound. I've tried playmidi -f or -4
       switches, didn't work.

You help is very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot !

- Hao
    \| ZHUANG Hao <hz69@columbia.edu> http://ctr.columbia.edu/~jerrey |
     |  Electrical Engineering       :    526 W112th Street, Apt 62   |
     |  Columbia University          :    New York, NY 10025          |
     |  Tel:  212-932-1689 (H)       :    ICQ UIN: 19613067           |