RE: .fetchmailrc (or: 'rtwfm')

Hi,
Thanks for your speedy responses, pointers to the proper section
of the manpage, and sample .fetchmailrc files. After going back
and reading the  _whole_  f***ing manual, (okay, I admit that I
skimmed some of it) I edited my file, and am now downloading mail
without the bother of entering my mail password each time.

I understand that it's somewhat risky to have your password in a
file, but if you set permissions u=rw,g=,o= would the file be
relatively secure?  What other security concerns (besides file
permissions) are involved in having your password in .fetchmailrc?

Thanks again for the near lightning-speed responses.

--David

<snip></snip>