Re: Exim filters instead of procmail?

	Subject: Exim filters instead of procmail?
	Date: Sat, May 29, 1999 at 04:22:54PM +0100

Quoting Phillip Deackes(gsmh@gmx.net):
> I am now successfully using exim instead of sendmail. I use fetchmail
> and procmail for fetching my mail from my IP's POP server and sorting it
> into folders. I understand exim has its own mechanism for sorting
> incoming mail - can fetchmail pass mail onto exim and get exim to sort
> it? Can anyone point me to an appropriate document, FAQ, whatever which
> would explain what I would have to do to set it all up?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> --
> Phillip Deackes
> gsmh@gmx.net
> Debian Linux (Potato)

/usr/doc/exim

filter.txt.gz discribes how to use a .forward file to filter mail

such as

~/.forward
# Exim filter
#

if error_message then finish endif

if $header_x-loop: contains "debian-user"
then
    save $home/mail/Lists/debian-user
endif

if $h_x-loop: contains "debian-devel"
then
    save $home/mail/Lists/debian-devel
endif

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
Think of your family tonight.  Try to crawl home after the computer
crashes.