Problem with mail delivery (Exim+Fetchmail)

Hi,

With Exim as the MTA and Fetchmail as the POP agent, I'm having the
following problem:

$ fetchmail -v -a -u my_id

seems to download correctly all mail stored in my ISP, but I always get
to read (with Mutt) all messages EXCEPT FOR one.  Since fetchmail
downloads a number "x" of mail messages, and then I can only see "x-1",
I imagine this being a problem with exim.

Can anyone help with this?
Also, could anyone explain to me how do I get exim to work with procmail
and the .forward file?

TIA

P.S.  Just in case it helps, this is how I have exim.conf configured to
deliver mail locally:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
group = mail
mode = 0660
mode_fail_narrower = false
file = /home/user/Mail/mbox

and this is the only indication for .forward I've seen in exim.conf
(perhaps I should change it to something like `file = ~/.forward' or
`/home/user/.forward'?

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
no_verify