LILO Problem

Hi gang. I've read every scrap of documentation on lilo I can find *twice*,
and I'm still discombobulated. Here's my situation:

Dual boot Linux/Windoze, two IDE drives,
First drive
/dev/hda1 Win95
/dev/hda2 Linux /usr
/dev/hda3 Linux swap
Second drive
/dev/hdb1 Win data
/dev/hdb2 Linux /. vmlinuz image is on the root.

lilo.conf     (this boots into Linux, but not into WinDos)
boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hdb2
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only
other=/dev/hda1
label=Win

I've trashed my first drive twice now fooling with this. Debian setup craps
out because my root partition is on the second drive. Setup leaves me with
most of the above, but with a blank boot= line. I added the two lines at the
bottom.

Am I close?
TIA, Lorne.