Re: Shell for gunzip so I don't have to remember?

>You start with foo.tar.gz
>
>gunzip foo.tar.gz   		Now you have a file called foo.tar which
>				should be much larger than foo.tar.gz was.
>
>tar -xvf foo.tar 		Now all the files are extracted from foo.tar
>

>As others have said, you can do this all in one step with tar -zxvf
>foo.tar.gz.
>
>In general, files that end in .tgz or .tar.gz are gziped tar archives while
>files that just end in .gz are really just one file.

Thanks Ray and all,
This was exactly the case. Though the unarchived file didn't have an
extension after I ran gunzip it turned out to be a tar file.  Once I ran
tar -xvf on the file it uncompressed just fine. Now I have all the files I
could see with winzip.

Andre'
...now if I can only figure out which of the hundreds of files is the
executable...