Re: Sparc Ultra5 (170)

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 06:20:16PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Collins M.  Ben  wrote:
>

> > That is incorrect, slink supports UltraSPARC, and as does potato.
> >

> That is odd, I was told that there was only a SPARC port and that an
> UltraSPARC (64-bit) port was in its infancy. That came from this list
> maybe a month ago.

The current sparc port runs on UltraSPARC's. That's not to say that it
is a 64bit user space. It is only a 32 bit user space, but runs none
the less. This is the same as the current UltraPenguin and RedHat 6.0.
There are no native 64bit sparc distributions yet (that was the
discussion you caught).

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation