Re: Fwd: Re: Time Keeps A changin'

I've done all that. I'm running 2.2.5 kernel, so that rules out the kernel
problem. But, this did happen to me before, maybe if I reinstall the
kernel it will fix it. Today, the time was off by 23 hours? Even the time
difference isn't consistent from day to day.

The funny thing is I did set date and while I was working it drifted back
24 hours. I had to do a ldconfig, maybe that did something. HMMM?

let you know if I figure this one out!

Rod....

when you installed (initally) you chose "local time" didn't you?

>SAME thing happened to me. in fact it happened to me TWICE (got a new hard
>drive so i had to reinstall, and it did it again!).  i also run potato.
>supposedly i was using "local time" but something kept adjusting my clock.
>it was a base system so no i did not install anything that screwed it.
>
>which kernel are you using? oddly enough, when i made and started using a
>2.2.X kernel, my time problems stopped. (of course i'm not suggesting
this,
>i'm simply wondering if perhaps this time problem is associated somehow
>with
>potato and 2.0.36 kernels).
>
>i have no idea how to fix it... mine went away on its own, as i said. i'd
>like to know myself!

Roddie Rod

'Man is the greatest cancer ever to be seen'
    -Entombed 'Contempt'