Re: Q: multi-cd method.

On Sun, 9 May 1999 johnny@sasebo.com wrote:

> Actually, you need to insert the second or last CD of your multi-cd archive first if you have more than one cd.. I don't know why but from the Debian Installation Manual that's the correct way to roll..
>
> On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 09:55:48PM +0200, Tony Schonfeld wrote:
> > hello ,
> >
> > i've just upgrade hamm to slink at home and want to know if i'm
> > using the correct method.

ok johnny ,

here i've use apt-get -f dist-upgrade first , second i've use a multi-cd
method but if i insert only CD #1 and try UPDATE with deselect the
database seem not complete up-to-date , in second time after try UPDATE
with CD #2 i've a complete packages list and Deselect can tell to me
CD #1 or #2 for the correct need.
It was the reason of my question because i've not read that in the
Manual .
Any other comments will be appreciated.
Best regards , Tony