Re: X works, but no mouse?

I noticed no one else replied to this, so I'll give it a stab.

I had a similar problem with the mouse.  The problem seemed to be caused by running
gpm, the command-line mouse proggie, before X.  This apparently causes conflicts that
X cannot handle.  when I killed gpm, the mouse seemed to work fine in X.

-Brent