Re: SMB as printer server: suggestions

Hi Jose,

	I have a Debian/GNU Slink serving as a print server here without
problems. I'm sending relevant portions of my smb.conf and printcap so you
can examine.
	An observation: I installed the potato version of samba and used
swat to configure it. My clients are WFWG and Win9x. I have magicfilter
installed and it takes care of everything. I don't worry if clients are
printing Word,Excel,Or_Everything_Else docs.

---smb.conf------

# Global parameters
        workgroup = TF
        netbios name = BLAHBLAH
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        interfaces = xxxx.xxx.xxx.xx.
        security = SHARE
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New\spassword:* %n\n *Re-enter\snew\spassword:*
%n\n *Pas
sword\schanged.* .
        max log size = 1000
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096
        os level = 255
        preferred master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.
        invalid users = root

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No
        available = Yes
        guest ok = yes
--------------------------

----printcap-----
lp|hpljet|HP Laserjet 4ML:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4ml:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4ml-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21