Re: SMB as printer server: suggestions

> Hi!
> 	After tinkering about with samba for a couple of days, I am unable
> to have a decent printer server up and running. All that is needed is access
> to a single printer (two in the future, if that one works :D). I'd like to
> know how one can achieve that. I read the smb.conf documentation, and the
> other documentation, but got swamped. The FAQ was quite useless, and the
> only resource which was somewhat useful was the SMB-HOWTO. My question is:
> does anyone have one such thing set up, and would be willing to share
> his/her knowledge with me (regarding smb.conf's and stuff like that)? I'm
> getting desperate now!!!

The only "Learn blah in 24 hours" book I have seen worth anything is the one on
samba.  It was written by two members of the Samba team.  Read it yesterday in
a glancing manor.  There is a chapter on printing and what not.

There is also a Samba book by John Blair (another Samba member).  It is also
quite good.  More low level.

> 	Also, does anyone know how to go around on the clients side, when
> they're using WfWg? I downloaded a TCP/IP driver, and disk sharing is no
> problem. It's only printing that doesn't happen!

Never tried and their book only mentioned win32 clients.