Re: lilo problems

tf wrote:
  >hey all
  >
  >I just expanded the 2.2.6 kernal into /usr/src.  I have only the base system
      > installed, but am getting debs and
  >throwing them into a windows directory.  among them was "make".  so I got to
      > the "make menuconfig" step and I got
  >an error (sorry can't remember which one).  I thought I'd find out what file
      >s I might be missing, so I shut down.
  >When I cranked old betsy back up, lilo was unresponsive.  I used the rescue
      >disk to reload lilo, but it would then
  >only boot to my debian partition.  Nothing there works yet, really, so I wou
      >nd up toggling my windows partition
  >bootable. (and now can't even boot from the debian boot disk)  oh yeah, I di
      >d look at lilo.conf--but I wasn't sure
  >what to put there.
  >
  >btw, I used tomsrtbt's (the micro distro) fdisk to toggle, and will also be
      >able to get at lilo.conf from there too..
  >Hmm.  hda1 is windows, hda2 is swap, and hda3 is Linux.  Can anyone, ah, tel
      >l me what to write or do?

Here's an example (you'll have to edit the details of the Linux images
and appends):

boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.1.125
  label=Linux
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra parport=auto"
  read-only
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.33
  label=Linux-33
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra"
  read-only
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34
  label=Linux-34
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra"
  read-only
# Windows 95
other=/dev/hda1
  label=Win95

After changing /etc/lilo.conf, be sure to run /sbin/lilo before you
shut down.

     "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them
      that weep."            Romans 12:15