XKB + changing X font

How do I set scroll-lock to modelock and alt to mode-shift in .xmodmap
(i couldn't find them under xkeycaps, only mode-switch which seemd to
do the same as mode-shift but couldn't get it to do mode-lock).
also how do i get the extra charachters to work (hebrew). when i set
them up to output the right values i got nothing on screen with
mode-switch (including in netscape where i really need it for
searching).
i also tried under vim but  it also did nothing (the that where not
defined acted as if the character wasn't pressed those that where did
nothing, and those maped to english characters, others then the normal
ones gave the changed characters).

also, how do i change the default font under x (I am using enlightment)
so it can display hebrew headers?);

Thanx