Re: swapfile and more ram

On Sat, 1 May 1999, add|ct|on wrote:

> my question is this: i'm soon to be getting more ram, and i was
> wondering if there's a way to resize my swap to make use of it. i have
> 16 ram now, and my swap partition is about 32 megs. is it possible to
> make it bigger after i move up to 32-48 ram without messing with
> partitions again? i'm a relative newbie to this so if you reply please
> speak in simple terms <g>. thanks!

Hi

I refer you to Oliver Elphick's response about disk repartitioning
for more swap.

If you *need* more swap space, you can create a swap file. It will
be slower than a swap partition (you are running things through
the file system) but it works. It got me out of the woods.

Actually, man mkwap will tell you all you need to know. Write me
back if you need to.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
	         (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)