Re: Unable to cdroms in linux 2.6.3

David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> writes:

> like. Under 2.6.*, you need /dev/scd0. Both can coexist until one is
> ready to leave 2.4.2* forever. K3B (KDE burner) wants all CD burners
> to mount to a / cdwriter directory. One can additionally mount to
> /mnt/cd0, etc. for normal file operations. A longer fstab, that's all.

That's weird. I don't believe I ever used /dev/scd? for my ide cdroms,
and I haven't had any problems burning cds (although I haven't tested
K3B yet).  I usually use devfs (and testing udev now with 2.6), and scd?
have never showed up as a node at my place (with the ide cdrom. On my
scsi cdrom system, I do use /dev/scd?, I think).

--
John L. Fjellstad