Re: Losing too many ticks!

michelle(auto_delete_all_incoming@dynodonalies.com) is reported to have said:
> Losing too many ticks!
> TSC cannot be used as a timesource (Are you running with SpeedStep?)
> Falling back to a sane timesource.
>
> This pops up on my console a little while after bootup. I'm not sure what
> it's talking about or how to make it just use the "sane timesource" to
> begin with. I compile a 2.6 kernel. I assume it has something to do with
> one of the things I selected in the configuration, but I haven't a clue as
> to what.
>
> A little help requested please.

Take a look at
CONFIG_X86_TSC_DISABLE in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help
and may others.  I don't have a 2.6 kernel so I can't check it.

> A semi-lucid programmer who recalls quite clearly why she used to keep a
> sysadmin on call.
If this is your sig you you should add --, like this

--
A semi-lucid programmer who recalls quite clearly why she used to keep
a sysadmin on call.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

Wayne
--
The fortune program is supported, in part, by user contributions and by
a major grant from the National Endowment for the Inanities.