Re: phpmyadmin not there [ammended]

Wayne Topa(brittman@capital.net) is reported to have said:
> Gruessle(debian@orces.com) is reported to have said:
> >
> > From: Wayne Topa

> > > You haven't done your homework, again.
> > >
> > > Read /usr/share/doc/phpmyadmin/README.Debian
> > >

> > I did read that Wayne that is where it tells you about the location.
> > http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
> > That location is not working also the mysqladmin command is not working.
> > I get command not found.
>
> What do you get when you try
>
> whereis phpmyadmin
>
> if it returns phpmyadmin: /etc/phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
> it (phpmyadmin) is installed correctly
>
> whereis mysqladmin
> should return
> mysqladmin: /usr/bin/mysqladmin /usr/share/man/man1/mysqladmin.1.gz

I haven't run mysqladmin in quite awhile but after doing the 'whereis'
I checked apt-cache and see that its not listed anymore, in my lists,
anyway.

I agree with the poster that asked if you have mysql installed.  I
assumed you did, as mysqladmin should have depended on it.  As far as
phpmyadmin goes, it works as advertised, here.  Note that, indirectly,
phpmyadmin -does- depend on mysql (server & client) be installed as
far as I can see.

Wayne

--
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!