Re: Comment on HP printer working on Debian 3.0

[This message has also been posted.]
In article <14SsI-7FL-1@gated-at.bofh.it>, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am looking for an economical printer for printing documents. The
> printer shall work on Debian 3.0 OS. Some shops recommend HP Deskjet
> 3550 with USB plug.
>
> Any folk has experience on the abovementioned printer. Any comment or
> another suggestion are welcome.

I just got a used HP Laserjet 6L on Ebay for $65+shipping.
It needed a cartridge.  I've had poor luck with "rebuilt"
so I got a new one at Fry's for $70.  Works great.
Fully supported by dvilj4 (in Debian package tetex-bin) and gs.
Inkjets suck.  Don't get one unless you really need color.

Cameron