Re: Is there a way to force apt/dpkg to rebuild the menu in X ?

On Sunday 26 January 2003 15:34, Elie De Brauwer wrote:
> On one of my workstations (Sun Blade 100) I have a problem,  my debian menu
> isn't being updated anymore by apt. When I apt-get install galeon on
> another x86 machine, everything works and under wmaker i get apps -> net ->
> galeon to link to the binary, but everything on my Sun seems static,
> nothing is getting updated anymore, is there a way to rebuild these menu's
> ? (It's system wide for all users and in all windowmanagers).

I know i'm replying on my own messages, but i've had the suggestion of Petr
Vanek to run update-menus, i tried this  with the following result, when I
copy the cat script (/usr/share/doc/menu/examples/cat) or the -d (debug)
flag, everything goes well but it always ends with the following error
messages, the items mentioned exist fgrepping for these items in
/etc/menu-methods | wc -l results always in the same amount of lines,
any suggestions ?

Kafka:/home/helios# update-menus
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//twm: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//twm returned error status 1.
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//kdm: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//kdm returned error status 1.
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//kdebase: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//kdebase returned error status 1.
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//sawfish-gnome recieved signal
11.
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//sawfish recieved signal 11.
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//wmaker: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//wmaker returned error status 1.
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//wmappearance: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//wmappearance returned error
status
 1.
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//enlightenment recieved signal
11.
At least one of genmenu, startmenu, endmenu
is undefined in the config file. All of these have to be
defined (although they may be equal to "")
Unknown Error
/etc/menu-methods//blackbox: Aborting
Update-menus[2362]: Script /etc/menu-methods//blackbox returned error status
1.
--
     Elie De Brauwer