Is there a way to force apt/dpkg to rebuild the menu in X ?

On one of my workstations (Sun Blade 100) I have a problem,  my debian menu
isn't being updated anymore by apt. When I apt-get install galeon on another
x86 machine, everything works and under wmaker i get apps -> net -> galeon to
link to the binary, but everything on my Sun seems static, nothing is getting
updated anymore, is there a way to rebuild these menu's ? (It's system wide
for all users and in all windowmanagers).

greetings
--
     Elie De Brauwer