Re: so how do the pros read all those .gz docs, zless?

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 22:00, Chris Gushue wrote:
> Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> > I use either zless (just like I would have used 'less' if it wasn't
> > compressed) or more often 'view' (vim in read-only mode; vim6
> > automatically decompresses .gz files).
>
> I'm pretty sure that Vim 5.x (5.6? 5.7?) did in Debian as well. I wish
> more things supported transparently viewing gzipped files :)

I put ' LESSOPEN="|/usr/bin/lesspipe %s" ' in /etc/profile, and less
will transparently unzip and display the file.

I'd say I'm pretty much joe average: emacs isn't even on my system, and
after two years of using linux I still don't know how to cut and paste
in vim :)

--
First Impressions are Bunk.