Re: Regression testing of tetex

Dear Kohda-san!

On Die, 14 Mär 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> I suspect pTeX was already updated after my filing bugs
> to ptex-base and ptex-bin (#354567, #354569).  So pTeX
> is now compatible with teTeX3.0
>
> I checked jTeX by myself and I believe it is compatible
> with teTeX3.0, at least building went fine.
>
> I don't know yet if pTeX and jTeX are compatible with TeXlive
> but I suspect they are.  I'll check when I've enough time.

I took ptex-bin and ptex base, unpacked them, changed all occurrrences
of platex to jplatex, change the version number to nmu, and rebuild the
packages.

I could install it and I could run
	jplatex jtexdoc.tex
but dvips bailed out.

Could you give me ashort test document and explanation how to test?

If someone is interested I can put the changed ptex packages online, the
are only 5min hacks (so some files will be wrong from the
platex->jplatex name change, but I wanted to be able to install it).

FROLESWORTH (n.)
Measure. The minimum time it is necessary to spend frowning in deep
concentration at each picture in an art gallery in order that everyone
else doesn't think you've a complete moron.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff