Re: Regression testing of tetex

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: Re: Regression testing of tetex
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:02:06 +0100

> I took ptex-bin and ptex base, unpacked them, changed all occurrrences
> of platex to jplatex, change the version number to nmu, and rebuild the
> packages.

Great!

> I could install it and I could run
> 	jplatex jtexdoc.tex
> but dvips bailed out.
>
> Could you give me ashort test document and explanation how to test?

Well, only a quick response.
You need dvipsk-ja and xdvik-ja to generate PS file
and to preview DVI file in this case but both do depened
on tetex so you can't install them with texlive yet.

The simplest way will be to copy generated DVI to another
machine with tetex and dvipsk-ja and xvdik-ja, and then
test it on that machine (you will need some fonts packages though).

As the short test document you could find
/usr/share/texmf/ptex/platex/base/plnews08.tex
                     jplatex?

I'll go to bed now ;-)

Regards,			2006-3-15(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>