Speed up installation of many packages for tetex

Hi,

I'm currently working on a piece of software which simplifies
the installation of Type1 fonts for tetex. It also creates a
debian source package. I have used this software for many
fonts and consequently installed many debian packages.
Each time a font is installed/uninstalled update-updmap,
mktexlsr and updmap must be called which takes quite some
time. Recently, I uninstalled several of my font packages
and it took for ever.

Question: Is there any way to run the update-updmap, mktexlsr,
updmap sequence at the end of the installation/deinstallation?

I know that zope has something of this kind when installing
products. There is a choice between restarting the server with
every product or after all products.

  Uwe
--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de