Re: Lost sound in Sarge after recent updates

Jim Seymour wrote:

I am wondering if it could tie into discover in some way. I until a
couple of weeks ago or so I had a lock on the version of discover I was
running. When I switched to synaptic discover was upgraded.

Well... bingo! :-)
I read the link you gave me in the other message, but the module it speaks of (snd-intel8x0m) wasn't loaded at boot, so the trouble was elsewhere. Nevertheless I added it to /etc/hotplug/blacklist, to prevent future troubles. In fact it was discover's fault. I tried removing it, ran alsaconf after the next boot and got my nice sound back again ;-)

Thanks very much Jim...

/me now turning back to my 2nd hard drive's troubles... *sigh*

--
                 Ora piu' che mai, ANCONA SIAMO NOI!!!