Re: Success installing on a Sun Fire 280R was Re: Problems installing Linux in Ultra Sparc III SunFire 280R

Hi,

You're right, I used the console. You should read all messages of thread
"Problems installing Linux in Ultra Sparc III SunFire 280R"
on debian-sparc list for details.

I appoligize I wasn't very clear. I have been following the sparc list. I am just trying to
figure out where our setups differ.

But shortening ...
I installed from a TFTP server with Ben Collins' images,
pointed me by David Miller.

maybe my problem is in my tftp setup/files then.
When I do try to do a console 'boot net' I get up to:

booting Linux...

then it freezes.

right now the DHCP server is assigning 192.168.1.200 as the IP of the SunFire
(Hex= C0A801C8 )

so C0A801C8 is softlinked to the tftpboot.img file (I've also tried the tftpboot-small.img)
both files start to boot linux, however they both freeze too. :(

I'm going to try to re-download the sun4u directory again, and I'll try again.

I plan to try installing with PGX32 graphics card instead of a PGX64. Which one do
you have?

PGX64

Thanks again,
       ~Brian