Re: SunBlade 150 boot-floppies trouble

> I have the same PROM info that was posted to sparclinux on the system here:
> .version says
> Release 4.6 Vesion 5 created 2002/06/03 16:49
> OBP 4.6.5 2002/06/03 16:49
> POST 2.0.1 2001/08/23 17:13
> OBDIAG 4.6.5 2002/06/03 16:50

Hmm... Can someone please tell me the number of a working prom version?
Does someone with a blade running solaris would like to test booting a
linux kernel before and after a prom upgrade?

> I wonder how to go about a PROM downgrade?

It should work. I had the exact same box with a 4.0.x prom and it booted
fine (aldo CD's with ramdisks that are larger than 3 megs fail).

> Actually, my next approach will be to try a serial console. Of course,
> my first attempt at that didn't work, my serial cable is suspect.

Well... You would have to dump the ide drives and use scsi ones. Can't
have any usb devices for what I can tell, and forced to use a serial
line as an input device.

> I'll be available to netboot any test kernels to try to solve this
> bug.

Same here.

--
Alvaro Figueroa