Re: SunBlade 150 boot-floppies trouble

Alvaro Figueroa writes:
 > Please read my post at sparclinux[1]. I think that our PROM version is
 > the cause of this, and that perhaps a slightly older prom version will
 > work.

 > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=103567640831113&w=2

I have the same PROM info that was posted to sparclinux on the system here:
.version says
Release 4.6 Vesion 5 created 2002/06/03 16:49
OBP 4.6.5 2002/06/03 16:49
POST 2.0.1 2001/08/23 17:13
OBDIAG 4.6.5 2002/06/03 16:50

 > To try to work around this bug, can any blade 100 user please tell me
 > what OB PROM version are you using? (And that you can properly boot
 > BenC's netinst)

I wonder how to go about a PROM downgrade?

Actually, my next approach will be to try a serial console. Of course,
my first attempt at that didn't work, my serial cable is suspect.

I'll be available to netboot any test kernels to try to solve this
bug.

-Maitland