Re: dist-upgrade problem after make-kpkg

* venerdì 25 ottobre 2002, alle 12:33, Mark T. Valites scrive:
> Maurizia,

*cough*. Maurizio. it's an italian male name :)

> I'll add --revision arguements to make-kpkg next time, but even with this
> method, will a dist-upgade still try to jam a new kernel down my system?

kernel upgrading is always a critical process. with arguments to yours,
you keep "distinct" your kernel from "mainstream" one.

this not prevent "dist-upgrade" from upgrading your kernel if it's
required, but, instead "overwriting" the kernel, simply "install" also
that version and make it the default in silo.

before rebooting, you may so work around silo.conf and decide yourself
if you want keep _your_ kernel, use the mainstream, or whatever.
(after modifying silo.conf rembember to run silo for installation).

i.e., my silo.conf right now look that:

partition=1
root=/dev/sda1
timeout=100
read-only
image=1/vmlinuz
  label=linux
image=1/vmlinuz.old
  label=old
image=1/vmlinuz.safe
  label=safe

where vmlinuz* are all links at various kernels in /boot.

--
                          Maurizio - Tannoiser - Lemmo
                 Founder Member of ERLUG http://erlug.linux.it