Re: Netra X1 install?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Ben Collins wrote:

> How do you use this new improved root.bin? Once of two ways. If you have
> a sparc machine, download the sun4u/vmlinux from the above URL and do:
>
> # tilo root.bin vmlinux

There doesn't appear to be a vmlinux at that URL and when I do a
# tilo root.bin vmlinuz
I get:
Root image packed size = 1191009
Multiple root images?

So I tried to do this:
# zcat vmlinuz > vmlinux
# tilo root.bin vmlinux

I get the following:

nm: vmlinux: no symbols
Converting vmlinux (sun4cdm) to a.out:
PT 0 Entry: Loadable to 0x400000[0x36d4e8] from 0x0[0x2c62c0] align
0x100000
Compressing vmlinux.raw:
vmlinux.raw:     56.1%
nm: vmlinux: no symbols
Sizes (sun4cdm):
  raw size     = 2892480
  packed size  = 1268728
  root address =
Root image packed size = 1191009
ERROR: Original size and root address must be specified for Sun4c

I've checked 3 times to make sure I'm using the vmlinuz from the sun4u
directory. I'm going to assume that this is because I'm trying to do this
on an SS5. I don't have any sun4u machines running linux. Any ideas? If
nothing else I'll try to install Debian on an Ultra 5 that's not doing
anything sometime next week.