Re: Installing 2.4.16 kernel..

* Michael Hicks <mhicks@csom.umn.edu> [020213 09:22]:
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.16/kernel/fs/binfmt_elf.o
>
> Thats the ELF executable loader..  I'm curious, is this just a benign
> error, or will it really not allow the module to load when I reboot.

As I found out (the hard way), it's benign unless you try to compile and
use the 64-bit userspace.  The 32-bit userspace that you know and love
is handled with a sort of compatability layer that is built into the
kernel.  Since the 64-bit userspace isn't used for the most part, it's
been built as a module.

If you don't care about playing with the 64-bit userspace, then don't
worry about it.