Re: Sun Support for Linux

I got one of these dual athlon m/b from tyan (with 2 1.4GHz Athlons
and DDR memory -- talk about a sick fast machine) for a client (alas
not for me), and it had a feature where you can get the thing to do
the post/bios cruft onto the serial port instead of the keyboard/vga
port.  It did kind of a crappy ncurses type of emulation of the
video version, which I thought was a silly waste, but hey.  It was
extremely handy, and only about 5 years late in coming .... Has
anyone noticed that serial concentrators are now more expensive than
kvm switches?  Sheesh.