Re: Help: gnome-doc-tools

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:58:27AM -0400, Mark Johnson wrote:
> Jules Bean writes:
>
> > I'd be very grateful if someone could download the package and check
> > it out, then hit me over the head with a cluebat and tell me what I've
> > done wrong!
>
> Hi Jules,
>
> I did get a chance to look over your gnome-doc-tools (gdt) package,
> but haven't tested it yet. (I'm sure it would work :-)

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

It's a while ago that Mark wrote this helpful reply, but I'd
appreciate it if someone could clarify one remaining thing. Read on..

> a. install location of dtd & stylesheets
> - Use /usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/gnome-doc-tools/
>   (instead of /usr/share/sgml/dtd/gnome-doc-tools/)

Done.

> b. catalog file
> ---------------
>
> - path entries in the catalog file should be relative to the location of
>   the catalog file itself, like so:
>
>  PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.0//EN" "png-support-3.0.dtd"

Done.

> Due to the new catalog structure, your postinst needs to put your
> catalog data in two additional places:
>
>  1. create a new file (centralized catalog) named /etc/sgml/${PACKAGE}.cat
>     that has CATALOG entries pointing to your catalog file.
>
>     The "update-catalog" script will do this for you:
>
>      update-catalog --quiet --add /etc/sgml/gnome-doc-tools.cat  \
>       /usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/gnome-doc-tools/catalog
>
>  2. add an entry for your new centralized catalog to the "super catalog".
>     Again, done by "update-catalog"
>
>     update-catalog --quiet --add --super /etc/sgml/gnome-doc-tools.cat

I currently have:

postinst:

PACKAGE=gnome-doc-tools
CATALOG=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/gnome-doc-tools/catalog

set -e

if [ "$1" = configure ]; then
    install-sgmlcatalog --quiet --install $CATALOG $PACKAGE
fi

Am I to understand that I need to two update-catalog calls in addition
to the install-sgmlcatalog call, or do they replace it?

Current version of my package avaible at

http://people.debian.org/~jules

as before.

Jules