Re: Announcement: New bugs pages, status of renaming

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

What exactly
does it mean to maintain these task pages?

Adding new packages to appropriate tasks. Removing obsolete packages.

I think reading my previous mail about DebiChem [1] might answer the
question to a certain amount and if you look view wsvn  into the
tasks files of DebiChem[2] you might get an idea what to do.

If you compare the sections in the Wiki with the tasks files (they
are mapping in the packages they are mentioning) you see that some
sections are missing (as I wrote in [1].  Just provide the missing
tasks files.  Moreover I'm absolutely unhappy with the description
inside the tasks files I created - they are needing polishing.
Also I'm quite unhappy about the names of the tasks - just take the
Debian Science task files as an example.

The web tools work like this: Create one page per task file.  Parse the
content of the tasks files and check whether the packages mentioned there
do exist.  For the tasks files obtain the descriptions, some metainformation
and if available translations and put them on a page.  For the bugs
pages verify BTS for bug reports.

If you need more details you might like to read the chapter of the
Blends article that describes the web sentinel[3].  Please keep in mind
that this very part is talking about Debian Integrated Solutions
(which was a former proposal for a name) - just read Debian Pure
Blends here.  (Sorry for the inconvinience - we are in the middle of a
renaming process - I will update this stuff on Monday).

YOu need to become a member of the cdd group to get write permission
in the SVN on Alioth - but if you post patches here this might be fine
as well for the moment.  But please be patient - I'll be offline until
Sunday evening.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/10/msg00138.html
[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cdd/projects/debichem/trunk/debichem/tasks/?rev=0&sc=0
[3] http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html