Re: maxima 'serious' bug fix missed freeze

Dear Adam,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:00:06AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> The upload appears to have introduced several other changes which aren't
> documented in the changelog and don't appear related to fixing the bug;
> the changelog just says "Backport fixes to 591862 and related items":
>
> - a change to source format 3.0 (quilt); presumably to allow Kumar's
> patches to be added, but still not great for a tpu during freeze
> - (xmaxima) Depends change to use tk8.{5,4} instead of tk8.{4,3}; not so
> bad
> - (maxima) Dropping of gv and maxima-emacs from Recommends to Suggests
> - (maxima-emacs) Addition of maxima-doc to Depends, mime-support,
> postscript-viewer, pdf-viewer to Recomemnds
> - A build system change which results in debian/maxout.gnuplot,
> debian/tests.lisp.patch, doc/info/extract_categories.sh.debdiff,
> doc/info/include-maxima.texi, doc/man/ru/maxima.1 and tests/rtest14.ERR
> disappearing from the source package; it's possible some or all of them
> were never intended to be shipped, but it's not easy to tell.

I am sorry for not checking, it before making the request.

Dear Camm,

You would need to justify the above changes to convince the release
team as to why each change is needed for squeeze.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life
		-- Topic on #LinuxGER