Re: maxima 'serious' bug fix missed freeze

Hi!

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:17:10PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> >> While I support this request, I am afraid that the changes look to be
> >> too many, at least to me. I tried to isolate the relevant changes, but
> >> it has become very difficult since a lot of files (several possibly
> >> autogenerated). I was also unable to figure out which bug was fixed,
> >> in order to try and isolate the bug fix.
> >>

> > I agree, this is almost impossible to review. We'll have to go down the
> > t-p-u route.
> >

> So do I have permission to upload a patched version in the normal
> fashion but with testing-proposed-updates in the changelog file?  (I
> was told I needed explicit permission.)  Are these uploaded to the
> same place?

Yes. You should upload to the same place, and instead of using
"unstable" as the target distribution, use "testing" or
"testing-proposed-updates". Naturally, since you will be basing your
package on the version currently in testing, you should set a version
number higher than that, but just about high enough. For example,
5.21.1-2+squeeze1 ot 5.21.1-2squeeze1 should be appropriate.

In addition, you should rebuild it in a squeeze chroot, as opposed to
the standard sid chroot.

(Please correct me if I am wrong).

HTH, and thanks!

Kumar
--
The memory management on the PowerPC can be used to frighten small children.
		-- Linus Torvalds