Re: Uploaded Security Fix to ClamSMTP

Hi Chad,

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 02:01:06PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> tags 309648 pending patch sarge
> thanks

> Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org> submitted a patch he pulled from
> cheetah's CVS upstream repository that fixes this security hole.  This
> is an RC bug against sarge's version of the package, thus why I tagged
> it "sarge".  I just uploaded the version to fix this in unstable, thus
> the pending tag.

> Please consider this for Sarge.

Has this code been tested?

Templates._importAsDummyModule now does:

     def _importAsDummyModule(self, contents):

	 """Used by the Compiler to do correct importing from Cheetah templates
	 when the template is compiled via the Template class' interface rather
         than via 'cheetah compile'.
         """
         tmpFileName = self._genTmpFilename()

         name = tmpFilename.replace('.py','')
         co = compile(contents+'\n', tmpFilename, 'exec')
         mod = new.module(name)
         #mod.__file__ = co.co_filename
         #mod.__co__ = co
         exec co in mod.__dict__
         return mod

and Templates.compile calls Compiler, which does:

    def __init__(self, source=None, file=None, moduleName='GenTemplate',
                 mainClassName=None,
                 mainMethodName='respond',
                 templateObj=None,
                 settings=None):

[...]
        if source and file:
            raise TypeError("Cannot compile from a source string AND file.")

Looks to me like this code can never work?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer