Re: extra, unused versions of gmime in sarge

søn, 22,.05.2005 kl. 00.10 -0700, skrev Steve Langasek:
> Having four versions of gmime in a stable release means a four-fold increase
> in the security team's workload if a security bug is found.  (This is true
> even if the bug only applies to one version, because the security team still
> has to confirm whether the bug is present in each version.)

Well, I already said the first one could be removed, so that leaves
three to consider. To clarify the position:

gmime: I can't imagine anyone using it
gmime1: usage unknown, do people still use glib1.2 much?
gmime2: stable branch of gmime
gmime2.1: unstable branch of gmime

So I'm not really opposed to removing gmime1, I just thought it was
possible that someone would use it in favor of gmime2 because they
haven't switched to glib2.0 yet. I don't personally care, though, after
all I RFA-ed gmime once, but only got someone to put their name on
gmime2 (so now Guus has it), not the older stuff... so if you drop my
two versions, that just means less burden for me. As for the other two,
Guus would know more...