Re: Last minute package update request

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:32:06AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Do you really think that a "good attitude" is to continually and
> repeatedly criticise the people doing the work of getting the release out

This work is not visible. It is irrational to expect people to be supportive
little sheep when they all they can see is that everything went to a halt
and nothing is being done.

> demand that every action, and every inaction, be publically justified,

Well, I expect people to do their work transparently. You will of course now
lambast me by saying we're all volunteers, how could I possibly expect
volunteers to do what I say and not what they desire, and all that stuff.

Keeping a couple of hundred coworkers (not to mention the general public)
uninformed of what is actually being done, for two weeks during a critical
time period, is not what I would call transparent.

So what if you don't have good news? Tell us the bad news, at least we'll
know what the heck is going on. And it might actually make people more
supportive, since they would better understand what is going on.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.