Re: files installed in /usr/shared/pyshared

Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

> [Josselin Mouette, 2010-03-02]
>> Le lundi 01 mars 2010 à 17:23 +0100, Piotr Ożarowski a écrit :
>> > [Ritesh Raj Sarraf, 2010-03-01]
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Why do you want to install to pyshared/$PACKAGE_NAME/?
>>
>> Maybe so that the package doesn’t take 6 new names in the root
>> namespace?
>
> oh, $PACKAGE_NAME as in Python package, not Debian package
> (/me assumes Debian ones by default on .*@lists.debian.org)

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. I meant was the Debian package.

So is it okay to have multiple files in /usr/share/pyshared/ instead of
/usr/share/pyshared/apt-offline/   ?

The only reason I asked was because I couldn't find anything relevant to
this in the Debian Python Policy. And with many packages installed, it will
clutter the /usr/share/pyshared/ folder.

Regards,
Ritesh