Re: Debian Events Package

Hi there!

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:42:20 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Am 20.07.2011 13:08, schrieb Luca Capello:
>
>>>  * Install OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice.
>> I removed OO.o because of:
>>   <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/%3c20110623212730.GA3526%40melusine.alphascorpii.net%3e>
>
> Oh, yes, that makes sense :)
>
> In this case, maybe we could make that package add backports to the
> sources automatically (e.g. by shipping /etc/sources.list.d/backports
> file, activated via debconf?)

Added to the wiki:

  <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsBox?action=diff&rev1=23&rev2=24>

>> For the debian-boot@ people, can you comment on that replying to
>> debian-publicity@, please? M-F-T and R-T set accordingly ;-)
>>
>>>   * Is there a way to enter the name of the conference and languages to
>>> be displayed for the presentation without having to edit it?
>>>   * Is there a way to include (random) comments from the users of out
>>> user list on the web?
>> debian-boot@ people, any clue on the two above as well?
>
> Uhm... Actually I these two points are about the Libreoffice
> presentation to be run in continuous loop.

Ops, sorry.  However, as I wrote in reply to Christian, I still think we
can hack BabelBox in a useful way:

  <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/%3c87d3h4a3h5.fsf%40gismo.pca.it%3e>

> Regarding the comments, we have a nice list of users at
> http://www.debian.org/users/ including a (more or less small) comment,
> why they choose Debian.

Added to the wiki:

  <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsBox?action=diff&rev1=25&rev2=26>

> Including some of them on a slide would be cool, however showing
> always the same comment is boring.  So including a commented picked
> randomly from a text files would be cool... Kind of "fortune plugin
> for libreoffice" ;)

I guess this could be done with a time-triggered macro, but I am not at
all a LibreOffice Impress wizard and FWIW I have never used a macro
there...

> An other idea we once had was a small tui/gui to burn CD/DVD/BluRay
> images / make a bootable usb-stick, but we never did that.

I sort of remember that, but I do not have any direct link.
Nevertheless, guess what... added to the wiki:

  <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsBox?action=diff&rev1=26&rev2=27>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca