Re: Debian Events Package

Hi!

Am 20.07.2011 13:08, schrieb Luca Capello:

>>  * Install OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice.
> I removed OO.o because of:
>   <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/%3c20110623212730.GA3526%40melusine.alphascorpii.net%3e>

Oh, yes, that makes sense :)

In this case, maybe we could make that package add backports to the
sources automatically (e.g. by shipping /etc/sources.list.d/backports
file, activated via debconf?)

>>  * Install virtualbox and in it a babelbox.
>              ^^^^^^^^^^
> Is there a reason why not libvirt + QEMU/KVM?  Read below ;-)

Not that I'm aware of.  I used virtualbox so far, because the wiki page
used it, and later found it quite practical for sharing the virtual
machine with others.

> For the debian-boot@ people, can you comment on that replying to
> debian-publicity@, please? M-F-T and R-T set accordingly ;-)
>
>>   * Is there a way to enter the name of the conference and languages to
>> be displayed for the presentation without having to edit it?
>>   * Is there a way to include (random) comments from the users of out
>> user list on the web?
> debian-boot@ people, any clue on the two above as well?

Uhm... Actually I these two points are about the Libreoffice
presentation to be run in continuous loop.

The languages are about the languages of the slides.  At CeBIT we used
German and English.  At the Chemnitzer LinuxTage we only used the German
slides, at other events it might make sense to use only English, or
English and French, or whatever.

Regarding the comments, we have a nice list of users at
http://www.debian.org/users/ including a (more or less small) comment,
why they choose Debian.  Including some of them on a slide would be
cool, however showing always the same comment is boring.  So including a
commented picked randomly from a text files would be cool... Kind of
"fortune plugin for libreoffice" ;)

An other idea we once had was a small tui/gui to burn CD/DVD/BluRay
images / make a bootable usb-stick, but we never did that.

Best regards,
  Alexander