Re: logo and mascot [was Re: logo objectives]

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.971112214327.27726A-100000@sloth> you wrote:

: The beehive idea isn't bad, but it doesn't immediately trigger 'debian'
: in my mind.

I think the beehive is a really good idea, actually.

I pointed out on 18 Feb 1997 that it's not important for a logo to immediately
trigger 'debian' the first time it is seen.  I explained why this is so, and
the list members at the time rallied behind my assertions about what would
make for a good logo.  The topic came up again in May, at which point
Christian Schwarz posted an excerpt from my note, and it again it generated
lots of agreement.

Since it appears that the debian-publicity list wasn't being archived back
then (at least, the list archives at www.debian.org don't go that far back
for this list), I'll append a copy of that note for those who missed it the
first time.

Bdale

- - - - -