logo and mascot [was Re: logo objectives]

Fredrik Ax <frax@axis.com> writes:

> OK, I totally agree with the above discussion, but must it be an animal?
> I'm open to any symbol that I think can be associated with Debian.
> Imho it also includes abstract figures that don't really mean anything but
> may give a certain feeling!

What about two signs for Debian!? One logo and one mascot. The logo is
clear, unique, small and can be used everywhere (i.e. on each WWW page
for the return button). The mascot can be more detailed, more
colorful, bigger and will be used on selected outstanding places
(i.e. only on our first WWW page).

What do you thing?

Yours
    Christian