Re: linhdd concerns

> ] I could use fdisk. Just that on Slackware and Absolute, which I use,
> ] you can only run fdisk as root. Sooooo -- I downloaded util-linux and
>
> makes it sound to me like you should be packaging abs_fdisk separately and
> having linhdd Depend: on it; or, ideally, getting util-linux patched so
> its fdisk can support the same features as abs_fdisk.

No, all you really need to do is to have linhdd depend on util-linux
and use simply "fdisk -l /dev/sda". Works just fine, provided the user
has read rights on the device (and if the user doesn't, it doesn't
matter *which* program tries to read the data).

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *