Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:55:05PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2007-11-23 17:17]:
>> With the upload of debian-maintainers version 1.3, the following
>> changes to the keyring have been made:
>>
>> dm:kartik.mistry@gmail.com
>>     Full name: Kartik Mistry
>
>I don't know if that was such a good idea, see #452464

Wow, the linhdd package is *special*. Based on initial analysis of
this package, please remove:

 * the DM (Kartik Mistry) from the keyring (he clearly needs to learn
   more before he should be allowed to upload directly)

 * the upload rights of the sponsor (Ramakrishnan M
   <rkrishnan@debian.org>) who uploaded this to incoming without any
   suitable level of checking. This is a *much* more important problem
   IMHO.

 * the package itself

The package contains an i386 binary (abs_fdisk)in a binary-all
package, directly installed from a binary that comes in the upstream
source packages. To accompany that, there are the following
highlights:

 * a README.Debian stating

  "linhdd also has binary called 'abs_fdisk' which is used for linhdd
   working correctly. util-linux is provided for its source.

  "To save archive space, the package is set to Architecture:
   all. Please do not report this as a bug on the mentioned
   architectures."

 * a lintian.override file to suppress errors about it

 * "changed" source files that claim to be used in fdisk and abs_fdisk

I expect a *much* higher standard of packages in our archive, and I
hope I'm not alone here.

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone