Re: Google ads on debian.org

Stephen Frost writes:
> Interesting question, I imagine it would have to be SPI on behalf of
> Debian.

But which specific individual would do the selling?  It would involve a
significant amount of work even if as much as possible was contracted out.

> That's an interesting point.  I guess what I was thinking was more like
> "would Debian/SPI be willing to set up the mechanism to allow for
> pay-per-bug".  One of the options of that, on a per-developer basis,
> could be "do you want the funds to go to you, or be a donation to SPI?".

If companies want to pay DDs directly for fixing bugs, that's fine.
However, I don't think Debian should ever disburse money to developers for
doing Debian software work.
--
John Hasler