Re: [platform] My little self-pumping/ego-trip/self-righteous speech :)

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 08:21:59PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:46:33PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > Let's not dredge up things like this, it will only lead to lots more
> > flames, and that doesn't do anyone any good. If you wish to discuss it,
> > remove it from this discussion, and email me privately. Otherwise I'll
> > consider it further trolling and wont respond.
>
> You are putting yourself into the center of the community by nominating
> yourself as the project leader. When making a decision about who to vote, I
> look at how nominees handled important or difficult situations in the past.
> My intention was not to troll you, but to see how you think about the
> situation nowadays.

I look back on it with some regret at how it turned out. To be honest,
I do not think it was handled badly. The major problem was that the
sponsor was in a special position to find out things before they were
set in stone, IOW, before they would have been notified in an ideal
situation. Because of this, things appeared to be handled incorrectly,
when in act, they were just misunderstood.

Ben