Re: [platform] My little self-pumping/ego-trip/self-righteous speech :)

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:59:46PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:22:41AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > When they loan or give us equipment, we need to stay
> > in very close contact with them, and give them warm fuzzies about what
> > they did, and show everyone else that it was an important thing.
>
> So you agree that the introduction of ftp-master and the confusion that
> arose with our sponsor of master (novare) was a jolly mess and should have
> been handled more carefully?

I don't want to respond to trolls but... Surely things were a mess,
but I wont concede that it was entirely a problem with how Debian folks
handled it. There was a lot of ego involved, and with that, nothing
looks pretty, nor ends up well.

Let's not dredge up things like this, it will only lead to lots more
flames, and that doesn't do anyone any good. If you wish to discuss it,
remove it from this discussion, and email me privately. Otherwise I'll
consider it further trolling and wont respond.